vendredi, septembre 16, 2011

Summer, shelter, stays and storms

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Mid-September and it's getting cold...On August 24th a city Marshall came to my door and informed me I would have to leave the apartment, but my stuff would be held there for 30 days. At the appeals court, someone suggested asking for a stay of the re-letting of the apartment. After two weeks of staying up all night watching movies, riding trains and sitting in diners...I found my way to a women's shelter in the Bronx with help from and thanks to Kristen from Scott Stinger's Office. The shelter is a city intake center and run by the Salvation Army. It's in an old Armory. The people there are mostly nice. However, my case-worker there, Ms. Tavaris, hasn't been very helpful. I have a very limited time to get help with the stay. Otherwise, I will have to move my things to a storage place.

A friend of a friend from 4th U has a lead on an apartment that might work out. Still looking for good roommates to share housing either at 545 or somewhere else. Still feeling righteous about fighting the negligent, harassing, over-charging owners of the 545 W 146th Street. HPD is taking them to court...so that is an optimistic sign. Next court date, September 22...11th floor....111 Center Street.

Aucun commentaire: