lundi, novembre 05, 2007

bokk book book!

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/guest/cgi-bin/bookseaohb.cgi?ISBN=1852429267&AREA=04

http://www.oxfam.org/

http://www.serpentstail.com/author_bio?id=10546

ok...A while back My friend and Strand Co-worker Karen McMaron signed me up a with this Meryl Zega-something P.R. group she was working for and started sending me frre books to review. For the most part, the books have been pretty bad. But I love getting mail, especially in bubble wrap-lined manilla envelopes with lots of cool looking stamps. So I feel like saying thanks Meryl Z. and at least saying something about some of these books...not all of which are horrible.

The Alpine Fantasy of Victor B, is a nice looking anthology of fiction by British artists. I am a HUGE fan of short fiction and I might actually read some of these. The little I have read has not repulsed me.

Kath Trevelyan a novel by Jeremy Cooper is pretty bad. I was optimistic after the first sentence but that is where the love affair ended:(

Winged Wonders A celebration of Birds in Human History I am keeping around as an amusing reference book. And we all know that reference books are the best kind of books to keep around. I don't think I would pay money for this but I guess one of the authors works with/for oxfam and the UN...those Ihave heard good things about.

Hunger Artist Joanne Jacobson this looks good...I mayactually read thisplus bonus it has pictures!

Crossing the Dark Heidi W. Boehringer and From May to December by Pat Mac Enulty...these are a good examples of the drivel I have come to expect from serpents tale press. They both have the plus bonus (caveat?) of very sexy young women on the covers!!

Aucun commentaire: