samedi, février 23, 2008

Time, Authorship, and Ottomans

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Okay I am back here at the NAC...Still my Campidoglio "piece" is not done. (Somehow I feel by renaming "papers" "pieces" i will be less prone to writers block. Go figure.)

With great relief, I found my flash drive was still here (Thank you, whoever decided not to take it. You are a saint.)

I just finished reading "What is an Author" by Michel Foucault in order to "assess authorship in Foucault's terms". I think it brought on an LSD flashback, effectively disabling my ability for rational thought for several days.

Professor Gutman's Architectural History class has moved up to Chapter 19...the Ottoman Empire Islam and the changing of Constantinople to Istanbul around 1453. I am trying to find out about what kind of calender the would have used and if the Persians told time the same way...you know 12 hours...Am and PM.

Aucun commentaire: