mercredi, décembre 10, 2008

walking the d-line

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Yesterday I started working on the first step of the NYC History Timeline Large Scale Sculpture. After talking about the idea to Holly at the Urban Center at CCNY, I was convinced that a good way to start would be to walk the length of the proposed site, the D-train.



This is a photo documented performance art piece. This month (December 2008) I will walk the length of the D-lineover the course of several days. In this way I hope to:

a) get a feel for the landscape of the city

b) make some contacts with people who live in communities surrounding the D-line.

So far, I have walked from Coney Island to 55th Street Station near Sunset Park.

The library doesn't seem to want me to upload these images here today, so I'll have to try again elsewhere.

Aucun commentaire: