lundi, juin 06, 2005

muppets, sorkin, Butchie

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I fell into that trap of waiting until I had something interesting or clever to say instead of just taking time to write whatever is on my mind. So here goes:

I've been thinking some more about graduate school and being who I am...I am looking into city college since it happens to be near where I live. One of the programs I was interested in is the Masters of Urban Planning (MUP). Turns out the director of this school is an architect named Michael Sorkin. I did a little reading about him and am finding out that he is pretty wonderful and amazing. So far I have been impressed with everything about him. He seems to epitomize everything good.

Ok...for example here is an article about how planners from Israel and Palestine are working together to plan a future Jerusalem. How much more relevant could anyone be? Anyway, I am impressed. I don't know if I can get into his program but I am definitely interested in what he is doing.

Coincidentally enough I have been thinking about muppets. I saw a video clip of sesame street characters lip sync-ing an NWA song...and two clips of REM (worlds greatest band) with muppets...AND I came across a great book of Jim Henson's sketchbooks...it reminded me of a similiar book of dr seuss's less seen work.

This morning my mother told me that our Aunt Butchie passed away last Friday. The full sadness of this news didn't really hit me until this afternoon. She was an amazingly thoughtful and full of life and love. So much personality and energy packed into a tiny Japanese frame. It's sad to imagine a world without her in it.

2 commentaires:

Jennifer a dit…

yeah, me too. she was pretty wonderful. Even though I didn't get to see her often, I feel very sad about not ever seeing her again.

TastyPaper a dit…

I'm sorry Jenny.