vendredi, avril 14, 2006

laundry, quiche, coal and taxes

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

ugh...NY State and NYC are asking for $1,200 of my $18,ooo. combined with my federal taxes it looks like I'll be paying $2,300 add that to a $6,000 rent bill and that should leave me $9,700 for metrocards and food and what not...I guess that's not too bad...where did it all go? Not into the 401k plan my employer doesn't offer. I guess I ate it. no wonder I feel nausia coming on...heavy sigh.

No hot water today, but on the upside I fixed the brakes on my bike with some help from Austin at Times Up AND the elevator seems to be working...Oh wow!

There is a huge parade of people dressed like romans carrying crosses and singing outside.

I guess it is a good friday!!

Also at the Times Up space last night the was a screening of two films about coal mines and coal miners...the first one was a horrifying account of the leveling of west virginia's mountains and the amazing amount of water pollution caused by removing the entire top of a mountain...the second was a 1987 John Sayles film Called Matewan about a small coal mining town and their struggle to form a union.

Aucun commentaire: