jeudi, avril 13, 2006

hand people

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Ok...so I reciently heard from an old friend who sent some beautiful pictures of Tehran. I guess I never realized what a beautiful city it is. She sent several pleas for people to do what could be done to prevent harmful US military action in Iran.

I was already against the expansion of US military action outside the US. but after seeing these pictures of Tehran looking more like Aspen than...what? Whell...more like Aspen than Aspen.

Seeing images of women ice racers not looking so oppressed...makes it much more difficult to imagine any justification for a need for military intervention other than the US is just a bit jealous and maybe afraid of being shown up. (er...blown up?)

I am currently reading a Kurt Vonnegut book...Here's a little quote that seems to apply:



"This piece of groping wisdom impresses me still. A sensible prayer people could offer up from time to time, it seems to me, might go something like this:


"Dear Lord-never put me in the charge of a frightened human being."

Walter F.Starbuck in Kurt Vonnegut's 1979 novel JAILBIRD.

In unrelated news:

I saw two cool websights last night:

http://www.lotharandthehandpeople.com/Default.htm

http://facstaff.gallaudet.edu/harry.markowicz/asl/myth2.html

now I'm off to How-ston street to see if I can fix this bike.

Aucun commentaire: