mercredi, février 07, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Its offically February and I'm feeling 1, 000 times better now since my visit to Harlem Hospital. Watching Samantha and Jake and listening to studio 360...hoping to get three things done...order transcripts...clean my apartment...and finish the skirt I started.

Blessing Marima the teacher of my CS2 class let me take home a copy on my laptop. I haven't really done much with it yet but I'm hoping to use it to put together the 20 slides I need for the CCNY MFA application. Actually now that I think about it it might be better just to take 35mm slides than try to convert the digital...hmmm...well see how that goes. Seems sweetly archaic(sp?) somehow.

All this time with Sam and Jake is exhausting (exasperating). The big challange is not to get frustrated and angry with them. I think I am moving faster in the free time I do have and I am spending almost no money since I eat over here.

A friend asked me to do some research about american women in politics and i started a list of the few women i found mentioned in Eyes of theNation...here is the partial list:

Phillis Wheatley
Hannah Lewis
Juliann Jane Tillman
Charlotte Cushman
Mary Cassatt
Lillian Gish
Sara Iredell
Susan B. Anthony
Mary S. Anthony
Anna H. Shaw
Dorthea Lynde Dix
Elizabeth Boynton Harbert
Martha C. Wright
Jean Brooks Greenleaf
Julia Ward Howe
Lucy Stone
Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Lucretia Mott
Mabel Potter Daggett
Louise Hall
Susan Fitzgerald

In other news...the people at the Colbert Report e-mailed me to say I can go see a taping in March...wooo-hoo!

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

your list of politcal women omits an important one : victoria woodhull.

Jennifer a dit…

victoria woodhull...ok...i'll check her out

Unknown a dit…

I love you, Jen.