mercredi, novembre 12, 2008

Humility, Hubris, Pride and (Homelessness?)

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Still here at he GMHC (Gay Men's Health Crisis)improving my job readiness;not drinking coffee;and thinking about the history of public assistance, civil service, and corporate welfare.

November 22 4th U on 76th St is having an auction to which I have donated a few of my "dead" neighbor, Mark Shevlane's drawings. Monday night after attending a screening of Slumdog Millionaire, I stopped by the Art Student's league to talk to Barbara Adrian with whom Amayas says Mark studied.

As I am also preparing to apply yet again to CCNY's MFA program, my mind is on the state of contemporary art in NYC 2008. Last night I stopped by the Borders at Madison Square Garden to look at art magazines. Art in America, Interview, Ceramics Monthly, American Craft, Art Papers. Many of the good ones are funded partially by the Andy Warhol Foundation.



Now I'm off to a job fair at the Radisson Martinique Hotel on 32nd street. Then to talk to a law office about a class action law suit against the owners of the building where I live. Maybe I can get a hair cut today too.

More art links:

From Art Papers

oda projesi


center for tactical magic

embrace atl

out of actions

from art in america

aca galleries

Jacques Roch
Franklin Sirmans
art slant
James Cohan Gallery
Al Held
sideshowgallery
baldwingallery.com
gagosian
liza lou
mark dion
jenny holzer
michael snow
Bill Gilbert

from new american paintings

creative arts workshop
paul booker
www.hollyjohnsongallery.com
robert mcan
sydney yeager
keith allyn spencer
gillockgallery

from Cabinet Quarterly

Fogg Art Museum
michael taussig

Aperature

Aucun commentaire: