jeudi, novembre 16, 2006

sad thursday

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Ok...I feel somewhat sad...I had heard that Nancy was back from vacation a few days ago so, I called Horace at the UAW office to find out what he found out.

He said. "Well...these people don't want you back...no way. Even Will."

I asked what the official reason was and he said, "All the write ups that you got."

I said that those aren't cummulative. What was the official reason that they gave.

He said, "Well...You know the signing back in early and the talkin to the manager that way."

He said they offered me one weeks pay and the right to file for unemployment.

I said they had offered two weeks pay before.

He said that they said they would tRY to get two weeks but Nancy said "No Way".

I asked why they suspended me instead of just firing me.

He said, "They suspended you. Then they terminated you."

He said he would talk to (Pablo?) when he came back in and see what they could do.

He said he would call me back.

So I am sitting here feeling really sad. I need to get up and clean the apartment.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Good Morning Jennifer,

I am sad too. Sad that you, dear daughter, have been in turmoil and I didn't realize. I am sad too that I don't know how to talk to you without being somehow irritating and tripping into off limit spaces and spaces.

Today is Saturday. I have a date with Sherry to go out and look for treasure....I messed up. When I came back I readjusted for the hour time difference, but I forgot to set the clocks back here in the house....so instead of getting up at 6'oclock. I got up at 5 am.

I came upstairs to double check the clock on the computer and so will use some of the extra minutes to try to let you know that I very much care about you and as distressed as I feel and know you must feel I am optimistic that this sad spot in your life could turn into an opportunity for good things to happen. Like when one door closes another opens.

As a mother I have a strong urge to want to try to come to the rescue and "fix it", but that probably isn't what you need right now. Take time to feel sad...and in time you will be able to take stock, learn a few things from the experience and consider options.

You are a warm, talented, dear daughter and I have every confidence that you will continue to hone and discover paths to share your gifts with the world. Perhaps my greatest fear is that you might let this experience discourage you.

I love you.
mom

Jennifer a dit…

thanks...I just found this message...I helps knowing I have your support.