vendredi, juin 22, 2007

gene, genet*, genome

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Yesterday I went to the library to learn more about Factiva and how to search it for articles.

Today Judge Wendt dismissed the LL petition for Non-payment on the grounds that the DHCR registration was faulty. They had registered a second lease that apparently did not exist under the name of my roommate. Bernardo denied knowledge of the registration or a second lease. By law LLs are required to offer rent regulated tenants a renewal lease. It would be illegal for them to offer the lease to Bernardo and not to me as well.

Now I am back at 545 with my Neighbors, Sam and Jake hanging out till their mom gets home.

I feel pretty good about what happened except now I'm a little worried about going to Ohio for two weeks. I'm sure the LL will try to petition the court for eviction while I am not here to defend myself. I want to talk to tenants in the building about filing a class action suit as a tenant association. Maybe if we go on the offensive, with some help from legal aid we can get everyone's rents rolled back to what the should be and also get the building brought up to code.

I amused myself today during the long wait by trying to guess people's ethnicity. I think I am getting better at it.


On the way home a found out that Don De Lillo has a new book out.

Aucun commentaire: