mercredi, juin 27, 2007

Sicko, Damages, Tenants and Neighbors

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Yesterday I put some air in the Huffy tires and rode downtown to the Housing Court to pick up an audio recording of last Friday's hearing. I am starting to think that a class action lawsuit is in order. According to the Pro Se attorney's office in the housing court, the court that a tenant's association in this situation would go to would depend on what is being sought. If, as a group we are asking for damages over $25,000 we would go to the NYS supreme court and make our case there. I believe this company 545 W 146th street, Inc. has been negligent in maintaining the building, has falsified records and lied to state agencies in order to unlawfully increase rents, and has harassed tenants.

I hope that as a tenants association we can get help from the legal aid society in pursuing this case. This evening I think I will sit in the lobby and talk to people about problems in the building and how forming a tenants association could help.

Last night I went to see Sicko with Mitch. I left wishing I could move to France. or england or some civilized country that recognizes basic human needs as the right of every citizen. Throught out the film europeans and canadians are laughing at michael Moore's questions. How many sick days do you get from your job in France? Ha Ha Ha Ha??

I missed the last RGB/Metcouncil get together at Cooper Union last night.

Aucun commentaire: