lundi, avril 04, 2005

Am I getting bronchitis?

Still a little sick...Sitting here with Tita, La Gatatita...Stuffy head thinking about going outside... overcast and warmish...what's at PS 1? Ugh...I wonder how Socorro is doing in Germany...She doesn't have free access to e-mail yet...so I haven't heard much. Work was good yesterday with the exception of a mystery or a tragedy of some missing rare books which I am afraid got packed with someone else's books...Afterward I met Kathy and Lola at a small unpretentious dance club called Saphire...just south of Houston on eldridge...how good dancing feels...I forgot about my stuffy head.

Last week I rode my bike to Williamsburg and had a most orgasmic experience crossing the bridge...the Williamsburg bridge has a walkway and bikeway that is raised way up...above the traffic alongside the traintracks...it is so high up...a very strange feeling to be biking along so high up you can see into 20 story windows but you can't see the ground...it was night so all the lights of the city were refelcted in the river. Quelle beautiful!

Williamsburg itself has that Disneyesque feel of a place where real people don't live...Reciently...suddenly...transformed...with boutiques and clubs and money...eerily quiet (Maybe its different during the daytime) It made me appreciate my neighborhood with it's yelling and garbage trucks...Everyone seemd to be white and speaking english except behind the counter at the pizza place. The place I went...Galapagos...Had been something like a mayonaise factory transformed into an art space...it was smaller than I expected but does have a cool reflecting pool where the vats of mayonaise used to be.

Aucun commentaire: