mercredi, mars 16, 2005

New York Underground

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Jason Schwartzman is on Conan tonight plugging I heart huckabees...must be a rerun. I saw and really loved that movie it was funny wierd and it had lilly tomlin in it which you know is gonna be good. Don't I make a great art critic?

Anyway...I've been very exhausted lately because i've been binging on underground films. Last week, being the cheepskate that I am, I purchased a ten show pass for a film festival at anthology film archives and that's where I've been spending my waking, non-working hours this week.

The first show was a biographical thing about the novelist, jt leroy. Before the screening, Lou "velvet underground" reed read a note from leroy. Lou "take a walk on the wild side" reed as you might imagine has a great reading voice...very deep and comforting...sigh...anyway the film also had some big stars like winona ryder and easy rider. I got the feeling they appeared in this film as mandatory community service for shoplifting and turning so many people on to acid, respectively.

It was kind of a greuling film that left me depressed and conflicted...that's the way it is with these underground films...some are a little boring and some are disturbing, unsettling....and some are really really funny. This one, The Heart is Decietful Above All Things, was all of the above. Which makes it a perfect underground film I guess...in spite of the big name stars.

There were other good flicks worth mentioning but I'm weary from working and watching films then coming home and watching videos with Eric (the roomate, not the super)...must sleep now...oh Eric just got home...he rented Garden State.

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

hey miss,
how did u like garden state??
keep drinking coffee!!

Jennifer a dit…

hey, p!

How are you??? I kind of liked Garden State. It was quirky-cute and had a nice sound track. What did you think?

I really do have to get this java monkey off my back...no doubt about it. Sure the ocassional espresso is fine, but I've had it with these large double paper cups full of the juice of beans from crops picked by people who can't afford a cup of the shit themselves because nos norte americanos estamos bebiando todo aqui...por favor disculpa me espanol...es muy mala.

Anonyme a dit…

JJ,
gaerden state was alright....i liked but simetimes i just felt he was trying to much...ok got to....k is kicking me out... not kiki