dimanche, octobre 22, 2006

No Booths Pizza

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

Check out his u tube video discussion. There are over seven hundred comments! I haven't read them all but I'm finding them interesting. There are some good points being made regarding racial prejudice and cultural difference. There are questions about the viability of film photography in a digital world and

Some comments are so horrible/rude, I am sure the poster is being incendiary(sp?)...trying to get people riled up. Or maybe sarcastic. At least I hope so.

Anyway...Friday I went to see Horace at the UAW local 2179 office about my free 14day trial period-I mean my indefinate suspension pending investigation. He said that they want to fire me.

I am not sure exactly who "they" are. Nancy Bass? Richard Devereaux(sp?)? Brian, Bibbi, and Taylor? My co-union members?

I could only ask, "Why?"

Why do They want to fire me? Because I wrote on the break timesheet "4:52" when it was actually 4:47?

Because I said "Please don't be a prick." to Taylor?

These seem like minor offenses to me.

Horace and I discussed the matter with Pablo Valcarcel (car sell?) the local president.

I told Horace and Pablo that I guess I didn't want to be there if I was not wanted. But I would like to know why "they" want to fire me.

Anyway, Horace and Pablo seemed to agree that these may not be firing (firable?)offences. Horace wondered what was being investigated. In a week, what has been discovered? What will be discovered in following weeks. I wondered that too. Horace said he would go back and talk to the lawyer(s?) and call me later.

I mentioned that I had previously requested vacation time for this upcoming week. I wasn't sure if I should stick around or go away on vacation as planned. Pablo said that if I had vacation scheduled, they would have to give it to me.

I don't feel like a can afford to travel now. Things seem far too un-settled here to go anywhere. I guess I will spend this week cleaning the apartment and looking for a roomate.

Last night I went to a performance at the Brecht Forum with Dave, Jamal, Lindon, Mitch, and Alex. Afterwards we sat in Pizza Booth and joked about making a film titled BOOTH, about a pizza parlor with no public restrooms and oddly, no booths.

Aucun commentaire: