jeudi, octobre 05, 2006

skatalogical broken glass dinner for eight

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

I feel sad and a little afraid about my roomate situation. Bernardo and Eric have decided to not cooperate with me. I think it is Bernardo who leaves his dirty dishes in the sink and Eric who leaves horrible smelling things in garbage bags in the middle of the kitchen floor and pees in places other than the toilet, but I really don't know why.

I've been trying to have dinner parties on saturday nights. Last saturday I rushed home from work to do last minute cleaning and make dinner and found the power was still out from the night before when Bernardo got mad because we disagreed about who owed who money and decided to call me a bitch and remove the fuses. I went into my dark bedroom to look for a match to light a candle and tripped over a pile of dirty dishes...Bernardo's dirty dishes.

I was pretty pissed that someone had let themselves into my room and done this and went to knock on Bernardo's door. No answer. Arrgh...Quickly, still thinking about the people who were supposed to arrive any minute, started cleaning the pile of stuff off the carpet. I heard Bernardo come home and went to yell about how mad I was. I think I was yelling, "Stay out of my room!" or something like that. Bernardo responded not with..."I didn't go into your room." but rather, "You're crazy, you sstupid bitch. Don't move Tita's litterbox! You should be in a hospital!"
Or something to that effect. I couldn't really hear because I was yelling "Stay out of my room!"
Then, for effect and to drive home the point...I threw one of the already broken dirty dishes that had been placed on my floor, past Bernardo and at the metal front door to the apartment.

Bernardo went into his room and shut the door but continued to yell about how stupid and crazy I am. I yelled back about I would like for him to stay out of my room, then went back to cleaning in the dark. There was more yelling and dish throwing, including Bernardo yelling "I'm going to call the cops." and me yelling "Call the cops." as I looked for my keys so I could go to the store to get some candles.

Suprisingly, this ended with a rather nice candle lit dinner. After the police came and the reports were made, Lindon, Adi, Jamie, Jamal, and I sat in what Bernardo has dubbed "Tita's room"aka the dinning room and drank some red wine and ate brie and salad.

Now in the after math I contemplate planning another dinner for Saturday...hmmmm...What's that smell? Oh I guess somehow the fridge lost power and everything in it is rotten. I'm thinking about becoming vegan. Can I divorce my roomate? sigh...I'm supposed to go to the UAW office with Rebecca today to talk to them about electing shop stewards and getting copies of the last two contracts and finding out if we can take a field trip to a printing press...I guess I'll clean the fridge...and bike downtown, maybe stop at MOMA it's a beautiful day.

Aucun commentaire: