jeudi, décembre 28, 2006

Get on Up!

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

This morning I got up relatively early to go down to the WorkForceOne center on 125th street...at 8:45 people were already lined up outside the Apollo theater...the theater that launched James Brown's career...The were singing "get on up" and dancing trying to stay warm I guess...News vans lined the street...in the orientation for the job center someone said they were still driving the body up from Augusta, GA.

Last night I got a manila envelope from DHCR that I thought might contain the answer to the overcharge question. Before I opened it I thought "oh...god this could be it." This could be my salvation or damnation. If they decide there is an overcharge...I might be getting some money back from the owners if they decide there is not an overcharge or I filed my claim too late then I may be evicted.

It turned out to be a copy of the owner's response and not decision. There was a copy of a lease signed by Chiek Tall and a handwritten statement from (Mr. Nabavi.?) someone...it's hard to read the signature.

It is the last thursday of 2006 and I am back at the library about to use the pay phone to call the unemployment office and see if my claim has been denied or processed yet. If it has that might effect the urgency of my job search.

IF this weather holds up I think I'll go for a bike ride tomorrow.

Aucun commentaire: