mercredi, décembre 20, 2006

oh...rally? on wall street?

what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this what is this

It's wednesday and I'm back at the library...there was a class about job searching on the internet. It was less fun and uplifting than the leo class...kind of depressing really...but I did learn some things that I can use if Dell and Dave can help me get this laptop re-connected.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a big day on wall street. Ben, Socorro's friend who helped me with my housing court trial is going down there with hundreds of friends to protest...Police brutality and imperialism...curtailed civil liberties and whatnot.

People on WBAI have been talking about the trouble getting permits and the absurdity of the law that says that any group of people going anywhere together need a permit to walk down the street together. In a wierd way I kind of empathize with the police in that mobs make me nervous too. But my experience with previous anti-war marches here is that even permitted protesters are not treated well by police. An some very illegal things seem to have been done when police arrested protesters and held them in warehouses for days...not to mention the recient case of excessive force. Someone made a good point about police allowing different things in different neighborhoods...protecting some people and some property more than others. Anyway, I hope cops will be respectful of people and vice versa.

I'll be sitting this one out...except maybe as an observor.

I started my period today...Ugh.

Aucun commentaire: